Hi, I'm Julia. Welcome to my blog!

This is a blog where I can share with my family and friends my enjoyment of baking and cooking simple and flavorful food with healthy ingredients. I would like to share new recipes, old favorites, and finds from my local grocers. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fettuccine Alfredo


I love Fettuccine Alfredo but only have it once in a while because it's high in calories, so I was excited when I came across this recipe for a lighter version of Fettuccine Alfredo! I found this recipe in Runner's World magazine, it's a recipe from celebrity chef Rocco DiSpirito's latest cookbook, Now Eat This! Rocco transforms heart-stopping dishes such as this recipe, traditionally made with heavy cream, butter, and cheese and re-creates the sauce with Greek yogurt and chicken broth. I was surprised how much it tasted like the real thing! It was still just as flavorful minus all the fattening calories!

Rocco's Fettuccine Alfredo
Serves Four

  • 8 ounces whole-wheat fettuccine
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • Pinch of ground nutmeg
  • 3/4 cup low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
  • 3/4 cup 5 percent Greek Yogurt
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
  1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine; cook according to package directions. While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook two minutes. Combine cornstarch and nutmeg in a small bowl; whisk in chicken broth until smooth. Pour into saute pan, raise the heat, and bring sauce to a simmer, whisking occasionally. Whisk in 1/2 cup of the cheese until melted. Remove pan from heat. Whisk in yogurt until smooth. Toss fettuccine with Alfredo sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Top Pasta with remaining cheese.
Calories Per Serving: 336 / Carbs: 47G / Protein: 18G Fat: 10G

No comments:

Post a Comment