Hi, I'm Julia. Welcome to my blog!

This is a blog where I can share with my family and friends my enjoyment of baking and cooking simple and flavorful food with healthy ingredients. I would like to share new recipes, old favorites, and finds from my local grocers. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010


Easy to make Banana Bread...

  • 1 3/4 cups flour-regular or whole wheat
  • 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup butter
  • 2/3 cup honey
  • 2 eggs slightly beaten
  • 1 cup mashed banana (2-3 bananas)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions:
Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt together. Set aside. Cream butter, gradually add honey and beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix until smooth. Add dry ingredients alternately with the mashed banana stirring enough to combine thoroughly - do this with a spoon or spatula not the mixer. Over mixing will make the bread tough. Stir nuts. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for about one hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment