Hi, I'm Julia. Welcome to my blog!

This is a blog where I can share with my family and friends my enjoyment of baking and cooking simple and flavorful food with healthy ingredients. I would like to share new recipes, old favorites, and finds from my local grocers. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010


Poached Egg and Spinach Salad
(Recipe from: Peace Meals cookbook by The Junior League Houston, Inc.)
Serves 4


  • 1 scant tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 ounces (about 6 thin slices) pancetta, chopped
  • 2 small cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 ounce pine nuts
  • 2 tablespoons golden raisins
  • 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • 4 eggs, poached
  • Freshly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions:
Warm the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and saute until it begins to brown, stirring almost continuously. Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 or 2 minutes. Stir in the pine nuts and cook until just golden; add the raisins and cook until they swell. Remove the pan from heat. Divide the spinach among 4 individual salad plates and drizzle with the vinegar; top with the warm pancetta mixture. Top each serving with a poached egg and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately while the eggs are still warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment