Hi, I'm Julia. Welcome to my blog!

This is a blog where I can share with my family and friends my enjoyment of baking and cooking simple and flavorful food with healthy ingredients. I would like to share new recipes, old favorites, and finds from my local grocers. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Pasta Primavera










I came up with my own version of pasta primavera the other night after scouring my pantry and refrigerator for ingredients to put together a dinner. I hadn't made it to the grocery store that day and didn't feel like doing take-out because it was cold and raining outside, so I was determined to put a meal together using ingredients I had left to work with. I had just enough pasta, a little whole wheat fusilli and bow-tie pasta, so I combined the two. I had just enough veggies and a can of diced tomatoes to make a primavera sauce. How I made the sauce: sauteed 2 small garlic cloves and pine nuts in some olive oil, added about 1 cup mushrooms, sauteed a few minutes, added 1 can of TJ's organic diced tomatoes(really good), 1 cup spinach, some kalamata olives and let simmer for 5-10 minutes. When I plated the pasta I sprinkled feta cheese and a little parmesan cheese, it was quite tasty! I LOVE pasta and I'm always coming up with my own pasta creations, I will definitely keep this newest creation in my cooking repertoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment