Hi, I'm Julia. Welcome to my blog!

This is a blog where I can share with my family and friends my enjoyment of baking and cooking simple and flavorful food with healthy ingredients. I would like to share new recipes, old favorites, and finds from my local grocers. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

English Muffin Pizzas


I was on the Food Network website the other day looking for healthy, quick & easy meals or snacks to make and came across some fun and healthy ideas for english muffin pizzas. Instead of sourdough english muffins, try whole wheat or whole grain for extra fiber. The first topping combo is 1 tbsp pizza sauce or your favorite marinara sauce, diced bell pepper, artichoke hearts, black olives and top with 1 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese. Another yummy topping idea is 1 tbsp of your favorite BBQ sauce (I love TJ's Bold & Smoky Kansas City Style Barbecue Sauce) diced chicken, chopped peanuts, top with mozzarella cheese and garnish with fresh cilantro. Bake pizzas on baking sheet in a 375 degree oven for about 13-16 minutes. These mini pizzas make a great appetizer or a light dinner paired with a salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment