Hi, I'm Julia. Welcome to my blog!

This is a blog where I can share with my family and friends my enjoyment of baking and cooking simple and flavorful food with healthy ingredients. I would like to share new recipes, old favorites, and finds from my local grocers. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pizza!

I love making my own pizza, it tastes so good and really easy to make! I get my pizza dough from Trader Joe's, I have used both the whole wheat and plain pizza dough and both are equally yummy. Here are a couple pizza recipe ideas I've made...

Mediterranean Pizza
  • Plain pizza dough
  • Roll out dough, brush dough with olive oil
  • Top with shredded cheese medley from TJ's, "Quatttro Formaggio" blend of Parmesan, Asiago, Fontina & Mild Provolone Cheeses. Really great cheese blend, nice flavor and it's already shredded!
  • Slices of salami
  • Quartered marinated artichoke hearts
  • Slivered kalamata olives
***I decided to make a white pizza without tomatoes, but you could definitely add tomatoes or a pizza sauce.***

I found a great red wine from BevMo I paired with this pizza, a great compliment to the mediterranean flavors of the pizza. The wine was an '08 Tapiz Malbec from Argentina.

Fire Roasted Tomato Pizza
  • Plain pizza dough
  • Roll out pizza dough, brush with olive oil
  • 1 can of Fire Roasted Tomato with Green Chiles from TJ's, a little spicy but not too hot, gives the pizza a nice little kick!
  • Mixture of Quatttro Formaggio cheese blend and mozzarella cheese
  • Mushrooms
  • Olives




No comments:

Post a Comment